One more quick note: In order to get the cheapest hosting plan price for each of these plans (shown in this guide), you’ll often need to pay for a full 3 or 4 year commitment upfront, in order to lock in that low price. It’ll usually cost a little more in order to drop your plan duration down to just 1 year. That being said, some hosting companies do offer month-to-month plans, but that flexibility and short plan duration also costs a little more. Something to consider as you weigh your options.
- Dreamhost: $2.59/mo (Best Overall Cheap Web Hosting Plan)
- Hostinger: $0.99/mo (Best Ultra Cheap Web Hosting Plan)
- Bluehost: $2.95/mo (Best Beginner-Friendly Customer Service)
- GreenGeeks: $2.95/mo
- Namecheap: $1.44/mo
- A2 Hosting: $2.94/mo
- HostGator: $2.75/mo
- SiteGround: $3.95/mo
- GoDaddy: $1.00/mo
While they’re not the absolute cheapest hosting plan on the market (they are very close though), Dreamhost provides an unparalleled level of features, no change in pricing when your plan renews, speedy load times, impressive customer service, advanced technical support and a great value from an established brand—which makes them the best overall cheap hosting provider in the industry.
- Initial price: Starting at $2.95/mo
- Renewal price: Increases to $7.99/mo (and up)
- Load time: 0.406 seconds
- Uptime: 99.99%
- Support: 24/7 customer service and technical support (phone, email, chat)
- Money-Back Guarantee: 30 days
- Domain: 1 free domain name
- WordPress: 1-click easy install (immediately after sign up)
- SSL: Free SSL certificate
- Email: Up to 5 email addresses included with their cheapest hosting plan
If you’ve done any research before coming here, then you’ve probably already heard about Bluehost—and that’s no surprise. Like Dreamhost above, Bluehost is another of only 3 hosting companies to earn an endorsement from the makers of WordPress, largely because of how beginner-friendly their technical support team is when it comes to helping new bloggers troubleshoot the technical aspects of starting a blog.
Not to mention the fact that their cheap web hosting plans are also recommended by tons of top bloggers, their great blend of performance, support and budget-friendly pricing. All in all, Bluehost is a top-tier web hosting company, with a wide range of plans that’ll allow you to keep your blogging costs low while focusing on growing your readership. The basic plan with Bluehost offers 50 GB of storage (which is 5x more than Hostinger) and unlimited bandwidth, plus a free SSL certificate.